TaxDome Subscription (Basic): Everything You Need to Know
Find out everything you need to know about TaxDome subscriptions: TaxDome Lite and Pro plans, monthlies for seasonal staff, renewals, transfers to other team members, changes in billing information, and more.
- Selecting Your Pricing Plan
- Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
- Upgrading from TaxDome Lite to TaxDome Pro
- How Subscription Cost Is Calculated
- Adding a Team Member in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
- Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
- Transferring a Subscription from One Team Member to Another
- Subscription Renewal
- Reviewing Your Subscription
- Updating Your Credit Card Info
- Does TaxDome Provide a W-9?
- How to Cancel Your TaxDome Subscription
Selecting Your Pricing Plan
We offer two pricing plans:
- TaxDome Lite: This plan is offered to solo practitioners only. It includes CRM and client portal with unlimited document exchange, storage and e-signatures. (Currently available in U.S.A. and Canada only.)
- TaxDome Pro: This plan is designed for individuals who need workflow automation and/or whose firms have one or more employees. It includes all the features of TaxDome Lite plus an online-payment feature, practice management tools, integrations, a PDF editor, a mobile app, and more.
To review plan details and pricing, go here.
Select your pricing plan when you sign up with TaxDome.
- If you have selected the TaxDome Lite trial, you will be able to upgrade to TaxDome Pro when the trial ends or at any future time.
- If you have selected the TaxDome Pro trial, you will be able to downgrade to TaxDome Lite when the trial ends, but you cannot switch your plan manually later. To downgrade, fill out the following form.
If you need to check which plan you have, go to Settings, then open the Team & Plans tab.
Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
Your two-week trial period starts the day you create your firm’s TaxDome account. Once you’ve begun, you’ll be able to use all of the features included in your selected plan.
Once the trial period ends, you’ll need to purchase an annual subscription, also called a license, in order to continue using TaxDome. As a firm owner, you cannot buy a monthly subscription.
However, when you have TaxDome Pro, your team members can be on either an annual or monthly subscription plan. The only difference between annual and monthly is price. Monthly subscriptions are especially useful when you have a temporary or seasonal staff or you’re not ready to buy annual subscriptions for all of your team members.
For more details on pricing, go here.
To purchase a TaxDome subscription:
1. Navigate to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, then click Pay or change plan in the upper right.
2. Select your pricing plan, then review it. As a firm owner, you need at least one annual subscription—or a license—to use TaxDome.
If you choose TaxDome Pro and add team members during your trial, you’ll be offered to buy subscriptions for them too.
- If you don’t need subscriptions for some of your team members, clear the checkboxes next to their names. You can return to the Teams & Plans tab to purchase subscriptions for them later.
- Decide on the best type of subscription for each team member by clicking either ANNUAL or MONTHLY.
4. Review your plan, click Confirm and pay, then enter your credit card details.
Upgrading from TaxDome Lite to TaxDome Pro
You can upgrade from a TaxDome Lite to a TaxDome Pro plan at any time. The good news? If you’ve been using TaxDome Lite for some time, you won’t have to pay the full price for the Pro plan. You pay only the difference and only for the remaining months. For example, if you’ve had TaxDome Lite for 90 days and then decide to upgrade, the price is calculated this way:
1. $600 - $300 = $300 (price difference between two plans)
2. $300 * [(365 − 90) ÷ 365] = $226 (exclusion of months that have already gone by)
The cost is then $226.
To change your plan:
1. Navigate to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, then click Upgrade.
2. Select the TaxDome Pro plan, review your plan, click Confirm and pay, then enter your credit card details.
How Your Subscription Cost Is Calculated
The date when your trial ends (sign-up date + two weeks) is your renewal date. Regardless of when you add a user to your account or upgrade from TaxDome Lite to TaxDome Pro, the renewal date stays the same.
If you decide to upgrade before the end of the trial period, your credit card will only be charged on your renewal date. You will still get a free two-week trial if you purchase a subscription before your trial period ends. There’s no chance of losing any free days!
Your annual subscription is valid for 365 days.
Adding a User in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
The annual subscription cost for a new user is based on the number of days remaining until your renewal date.
For example, if you are adding a team member to your account 60 days after your renewal date, it will cost $600 * [(365 − 60) ÷ 365] = $502. The annual subscription for all users ends on your original renewal date, no matter when you purchased annual subscriptions for your team members.
- How to add a subscription for a new team member
- How to add a subscription for a team member who had been previously deactivated
Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
The expiration date of a monthly subscription is displayed in the RENEWAL/EXPIRES column to the right of the user’s name. You can upgrade a monthly subscription to an annual one at any time and save on cost.
The annual subscription price for a user with an active monthly subscription is based on the number of days remaining in the paid month and the number of days remaining before your subscription-renewal date.
For example, if you are upgrading a team member 10 days before their monthly subscription ends and 180 days before your annual subscription ends, it will cost $600 × (180 ÷ 365) − 75 × (10 ÷ 30) = $295.89 − $25 = $270.89.
The upgrade cancels the monthly license, and the user is added to the firm’s annual subscription.
Since the monthly subscription is user-based, you can choose to upgrade all of your team members who have monthly subscriptions or only some of them.
1. Navigate to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, click on Upgrade team licenses, then select the ANNUAL option for the users you’d like to upgrade. If you have available annual subscriptions, you can apply them by selecting the USE FREE LICENSES checkbox.
2. Review the subtotal, click Upgrade, then confirm.
Transferring a Subscription from One Team Member to Another
If your team members have changed in the middle of a subscription cycle, there’s no need to buy additional licenses for the new people.
Instead, do this:
- Deactivate a team member who is no longer at your firm to free up a license.
- Add a new team member to your account and use an available annual or monthly license for them.
Note! Available annual and monthly licenses can also be used when you’re restoring team members who might have been previously deactivated.
Reviewing Your Subscription
All information regarding your annual subscription is available in your Settings in the Team & Plans tab. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Your Plan: your selected pricing plan.
- Available licenses: Once you’ve deactivated a team member, their subscription (whether annual or monthly) becomes available to any team member you add.
- Renewal date: the day your trial or annual subscription ends.
- Active members: the number of team members currently active on your firm’s TaxDome account.
Updating Your Credit Card Info
Your credit card details that are used to pay for your firm’s subscription and for KBA credits are stored in our secure payment processor, Stripe. If you decide to buy additional subscriptions, renew your annual and/or monthly subscriptions, or buy additional KBA credits, you don’t have to enter the credit card information again. However, you can change your billing information at any time.
- Navigate to Settings, then go to the Team & Plans tab.
- Click the three dots icon on the far right, select Change payment method, then enter the new credit card details.
- Click Save.
Does TaxDome provide a W-9?
We do not perform work or provide services to your accounting firm. TaxDome sells software for which your firms pays an annual fee.
This is a documented deductible expense that does not require filing a Form W-9.
How to Cancel Your TaxDome Subscription
TaxDome subscriptions automatically renew until canceled. If you wish to cancel your TaxDome subscription:
- Navigate to Settings, then go to the Team & Plans tab.
- Click the three dots icon on the far right, select Cancel subscription, then submit the form.
Attention! Export all the data if you wish not to renew or cancel your subscription. Learn more about the data backup in the article.