QuickBooks Integration (Advanced): Handle Sync Issues
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
- Sync Issues Types, Explained
- How to Fix Invoices, Payments, Refunds, Expenses, and Services-Related Issues
- How to Review and Fix Account-Related Issues
We try to provide smooth sync between TaxDome and QuickBooks. However, occasionally, sync issues do occur. The firm owner and admins always get notifications about QuickBooks sync errors and can fix them.
Sync Issues Types, Explained
If you get an error, watch out for these possible reasons, so you can fix it:
- Your TaxDome account data doesn’t match the QuickBooks data.
- QuickBooks sync with TaxDome was disabled on QuickBooks.
- You have edited/deleted a QuickBooks entry that was earlier synced with TaxDome.
To review and handle sync issues, either click the orange banner at the top or go to your TaxDome Settings from the left sidebar, select Integrations in the menu bar, go to QuickBooks, then review the QuickBooks Errors section.
- Accounts: These are errors caused by TaxDome and QuickBooks client data not matching.
- Invoices: These are errors caused by TaxDome Invoices and QuickBooks Invoices data not matching. For example, if you have manually changed a TaxDome invoice number, you may have to duplicate the invoice number in QuickBooks.
- Payments: These are errors caused by TaxDome and QuickBooks Payments data not matching.
- Refunds: These are errors caused by TaxDome and QuickBooks Refunds data not matching.
- Expenses: These are errors caused by Stripe Payment Processing Fees and QuickBooks Expenses data not matching.
- Services: These are errors caused by TaxDome and QuickBooks Product/Services data not matching. In some cases, you can fix an issue by editing the service right from this page. Click the three-dots icon to the right of the error message, make changes to the service, then select the Resync option.
How to Fix Invoices, Payments, Refunds, Expenses, and Services-Related Issues
You have the following options to try to fix errors with Invoices, Payments, Refunds, Expenses, and Services:
- Resync: Try syncing the entries again. You may want to do this after you’ve made changes to your QuickBooks data. If the sync is unsuccessful, the issue will still be visible in the list.
- Skip: Don’t try to sync a third time. If you do, you won’t be notified about the issue.
- Delete: This option is available for services only. By selecting it, you delete the failing services from TaxDome.
How to Review and Fix Account-Related Issues
The invoices and payments for your clients can be automatically synced with QuickBooks only if your TaxDome and QuickBooks client account data matches. When you add a client, TaxDome searches for the same client in QuickBooks. If it does not find a QuickBooks client with matching data, an error message is displayed.
You’ll also get an error if the QuickBooks account that has been synced with the TaxDome account was deleted in QuickBooks. You’ll be able to select another account to sync or decide not to sync data related to the TaxDome account.
To review and fix account-related issues, go to your TaxDome Settings from the left sidebar, select Integrations in the menu bar, go to QuickBooks, then review the QuickBooks Errors section. The following options are available:
- Select the client’s name from the list of available QuickBooks clients: Type the client’s name in the ACTION column, select it when it appears, then click SUBMIT.
- Create new account: If you can’t find a match in the list or if there are no mismatched clients in QuickBooks, select this option.
- Do not sync this account: If you don’t want to sync data related to this account, turn off its QuickBooks sync. Once you do, you won’t receive any error messages about this account. However, the invoices and payments for that client will not be synced with QuickBooks until you decide to sync them by going to the Info tab of the account's profile (read more on syncing/unsyncing accounts in the article).
- Skip this error: Don’t try to sync a third time. If you do, you won’t be notified about the issue anymore. However, you’ll get future notifications about sync issues for this client.