Jobs (Basic): Add Manually or Automatically
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
Each job is an individual service a client pays for. A job goes into a pipeline specifically designed for the service it requires. Once a pipeline has been created, you add jobs to it, then link them to accounts. Keep in mind:
- A firm owner, admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage pipelines adds jobs to a pipeline.
- Employees see only the pipelines made available to them.
- Employees move jobs through pipelines for their assigned accounts.
- Employees see only the jobs for their assigned accounts unless they have access rights to view all accounts.
- New jobs are added to the first stage of a pipeline.
- Jobs can be added for both active and offline accounts; However, only users with active accounts and notifications turned on receive emails sent via pipeline automation.
- You can use custom templates to save time creating jobs.
There are three ways to add jobs to a pipeline:
Add Jobs in Bulk
To add jobs to a pipeline, choose the way that works best for you:
- Go to the Workflow section, select the pipeline, then click Add job.
- Click + NEW in the left sidebar, then select Job from the slide-out menu.
- Go to Clients, Accounts, then All Accounts, select the checkboxes next to the accounts the job is for, then click Add Job.
Below, find out more about the numbered sections:
- Accounts: Add or remove the names of accounts here.
- Pipeline: Select the pipeline for the jobs. (If you’re adding jobs from the pipeline itself, you can skip this.)
- Template: To quickly create jobs, select a template with a custom job name, dynamic data (fields that automatically get filled in, such as with the date and account name), description, due date, comments, and so on. For more details about job templates, go here.
- Name: This is the name that is displayed on the job cards in a pipeline.
- Assignees: Select the employees for jobs. To learn more about assigning jobs, go here.
- Priority: Choose the priority level for jobs: LOW, HIGH, MEDIUM, or URGENT.
- Description: Use different text formatting, emojis, bullets, numbered lists, and even links here.
- Due date: Choose whether you want the date to be relative (approximate) or absolute (firm). To select a specific due date from the calendar, toggle on Absolute dates.
- Add a comment: Click the Add button on the top right to leave any useful notes here; for example, something your team members might need to know in order to do jobs.
- Add a wiki page: If you have internal instructions for this kind of job, click the Add button on the top right to link them to the template for your team members.
- Add: Click to bulk-add jobs to a pipeline. If adding multiple jobs isn’t fully successful, you’ll get a notification explaining why in your Inbox+. Go here for more details.