Contracts (Basic): Create & Apply Templates
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. You can upgrade anytime.
Contract templates are used to define the scope of an engagement between your firm and a client. Create as many contract templates for different uses (bookkeeping, single-year tax prep, audit, representation, financial analysis, clean-up, payroll, etc.) as you need. Templates can be plain text or include custom HTML.
- Creating Contract Templates
- Adding Default Contracts From Our Library
- Adding an Image to a Contract Template
- Applying Contract Templates
- Sending Contracts via Automation
- Editing Contract Templates
- Duplicating Contract Templates
- Deleting Contract Templates
Creating Contract Templates
A contract template can be created by a firm owner, an admin or any team member who has manage templates access rights. It’s helpful to design templates in advance so that you have them ready to go or to further customize.
To create a contract template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, choose Templates in the menu bar, select Contracts, then click CREATE TEMPLATE.
Or access this page by selecting the Send Contract automation while creating or editing a pipeline, then click New Template.
Find out what you need to do in each of the numbered sections below:
1. Template Name: Enter a name for the template—what you will see when selecting it.
2. Body: Write the contract itself. Select the type:
- WYSIWYG: This option lets you use different formatting and add links.
- HTML: This option lets you insert custom HTML codes for images, links, tables, and so on.
Tip: Use the free WORDHTML tool to build and get HTML—then paste it into the TaxDome contract by toggling on HTML. You may also add images, but they’ll need to be hosted by a third party.
3. Add Shortcode: To individualize the contract, apply shortcode to include dynamic data, such as the name of the person associated with the account, the services or the date. For more information about shortcodes, go here.
4. Add Services: Select a service from the drop-down menu. For more details about adding services to a contract, go here.
5. Save: Save the template for future use.
Adding Default Contracts From Our Library
We offer sample contract templates that you can easily edit. To add a contract from our library:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Contracts tab, then click COPY FROM LIBRARY.
2. Click the copy icon to the far right of the template you want to add. To edit the contract, first click on its name.
Adding an Image to a Contract Template
Images stored on your computer won’t work in a contract; the image needs to be hosted by a third party.
There are two ways to add an image to a contract:
Adding an Image by Copying It From a Webpage
1. Upload the image to your server or to an image-hosting site such as imgbb.com.
2. Right-click on the uploaded image in your browser, then select Copy image.
3. In the contract template, make sure WYSIWYG is selected, then paste the image into your contract. Click Save to keep your changes.
Adding an Image by Inserting an HTML Code
- Upload your image to an image-hosting site, such as imgbb.com.
- Copy the HTML code of the image.
- From your Settings tab, go to the Templates, then Contracts. Select the contract template. Make sure that HTML is selected. Paste the code where you want it in the the contract. Once the contract is sent, the code turns into the image.
Applying Contract Templates
Once you’ve created a template, you can use it to speed up making new contracts. Here’s how:
1. Create a new contract either by clicking + NEW and selecting Contract or by selecting one or more recipients in your Accounts list and then clicking on Send Contract.
2. Click in the Contract Template field, then select a contract from the pull-down menu.
3. Edit the contract if needed, then continue by selecting the settings for the contract.
Note: Changes you make to the contract don’t alter the selected template.
Editing Contract Templates
To make changes to a contract template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Contracts tab, then click on the contract template’s name in the list.
2. Make changes to the contract template, then click SAVE.
Note: The changes you make to a contract template are not reflected in the contracts already created with that template.
Duplicating Contract Templates
Create new contract templates based on existing ones: Click the three dots to the far right of the contract template’s name, then select Duplicate. The template’s copy will be saved with the appropriate suffix (e.g., Contract (2)).
Deleting Contract Templates
To remove a contract template completely, go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then open the Contacts tab. Click the three dots to the far right of the contract template’s name, click Delete, then confirm by clicking DELETE in the Delete Confirmation pop-up.